Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tater Tot Casserole

A friend in culinary school loved to make Tater Tot Casserole, he even had a special ingredient he used, I forgot all about the casserole until I was on pinterest yesterday and saw a variation of the casserole. His secret ingredient was "Cavendars Greek Seasoning" the recipe I saw on pinterest called for salt and pepper I omitted the salt and pepper and opted to us the Cavendars (one of my favorite seasonings anyways). He also said when making this casserole you have to use american cheese specifically, Kraft singles. So here's my friends version that I made. My husband and brother LOVED it, I highly recommend this casserole so good, very easy, kids would probably like this casserole too.



Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey (I used beef)
1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
1 can cream of chicken
1 tablespoon Greek Seasoning
16oz tater tots
6 slices of american cheese

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground beef in pan, add diced onions, seasoning and cream of chicken un-diluted. Spray glass baking pan with cooking spray (I love TJ's olive oil cooking spray). Pour mixture in glass baking pan, cover with frozen tater tots. and bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cover in single layer with american cheese. Broil on low for 2 minutes until cheese bubbles.

Yummyness!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Looks like something Mr. B would even eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would totally like it. Meat and potatoes with cheese, ultimate man or kid dinner.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...