Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ridiculously easy Pesto Chicken

Prep time for this meal was about 5 minute cook time for the chicken about 25 to 30. It was so delish! I was on pinterest and found this recipe Baked Pesto Chicken I had everything so decided to give it a try.

3 Chicken breast, sliced
3 to 4 tablespoons Pesto ( I used store bought, because I had it you could make your own.)
3 low fat string cheese, sliced
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
Fresh ground pepper about 4 to 5 turns


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking dish with cooking spray (I use the olive oil spray from TJ's) the spread 1 tablespoon of pesto on the dish.


Slice chicken breast in strips, place in dish spread 2 tablespoons of pesto on chicken strips. Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder.


COVER WITH FOIL (helps keep chicken moist, let's face it nobody likes dry chicken). Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes (depending on your oven). 


Remove from oven, uncover. Slice up 3 low fat string cheese and place on baked chicken, on top of cheese add 4 to 5 turns of fresh ground pepper.


 Broil for about 5 minutes (watching to make sure cheese does not burn)


Ta-da...delish pesto chicken, serve with your favorite veggies.

*I'm playing with my photos, yesterday I used paper bags as the background. Probably won't do that again.

2 comments:

  1. Yum, this looks really amazing! Thanks for the recipe!

    And thank you so much for stopping by my blog. To answer your question about my framed mirror--we had these little silver things that held up our mirror, but we were able to lay the board directly over it. It worked out fine. Hope that helps! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that does help. I hoepfully will be framing my guest bathroom mirror this month, I will post pictures.

      The chicken was really good and juicy, let me know if you try it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...