Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Enchilada Chili

Yesterday while shopping at Trader Joe's I sampled "Russel's Enchilada Chili" (I'm assuming Russell is one of the crew members at the Trader Joe's in Stockton). I was hesitant to try this recipe because Joe isn't a fan of black beans. I made it in anyways but subbed ground beef for ground turkey. It was delish!!! He enjoyed it as did I, definitely will be making this again soon. The other great thing about the chili is it takes about 30 minutes start to finish and only has few ingredients.

1lb. Ground Turkey
1 can of corn, drained
1 jar double roasted salsa
1 bottle enchilada sauce
2 cans black beans, drained
*all of my ingredients are from Trader Joe's (you can totally substitute). 

Brown ground turkey in a pot, add drained corn and stir. Add drained black beans, salsa and enchilada sauce. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Ready to serve.

You can top this with shredded cheddar and or sour cream. Since we are trying to eat healthier we had neither and it was still awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...