Sunday, September 18, 2011

Heirloom Pico de Gallo

I've always thought pico de gallo is a funny name for salsa. I did a little research and I heard it comes from the act of people using their fingers like a rooster pecking, chunks of salsa from the bowl, gallo being rooster in Spanish. Even with a ridiculous name it's still delish.

I was given some heirloom tomatoes (Thank you, Erica!), I new they would make a perfect pico de gallo.

5 heirloom tomato (medium sized)
3 jalapeƱo peppers (use more if you like it hot)
1/2 of a yellow onion
Handful of cilantro
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 tablespoon cumin powder
Juice from 1 lime

Chop the first four ingredients place in bowl. Stir in last 3 ingredients. Chill for at least 2 hours.

Serve with chips! I also ate it on eggs an in a burrito.






XOXO-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...