4 green bell peppers
1lb. ground beef (subsitute ground turkey if you like)
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder (I use Gebhard's)
2 cups of Mexican/Spanish style rice
1 jar of your favorite salsa
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used Tilamook Sharp Cheddar)
(Pre-Heat oven to 375 degrees)
1. Brown ground beef, add the 3 powders.
2. Mix in rice and salsa, leaving a small amount of salsa for tops of peppers.
3. Set mixture aside.
4. Wash, slice and discard inside of bell pepper including stem.
5. Place small amount of shredded cheese in bottom of bell pepper.
6. Stuff with mixture, top with left over salsa.
7. Bake for 22- to 25 minutes.
8. Top with left over cheese and broil until bubbly.
Top with hot sauce & sour cream. Serve with beans & rice. Enjoy!