Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cheese Review: Hirtenkase

Name: Hirtenkase
Origin: Germany
Type: Cow's Milk, Very Firm
Why I picked it: TJ's was sampling this cheese with a green olive and a piece of Columbus peppered salami.
Thoughts: I enjoyed this cheese, while chewing on the Hirtenkase it had a very creamy texture. Joe "liked" it but wouldn't say it was his favorite (cheese snob, he use to be a cheese guy at some Michelin rated restaurant).
Buy Again?: I'd buy again but not tomorrow.
Purchased From: Trader Joe's



*All opions expressed in this review are my own. I do this for fun and for the love of cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, I haven't seen this cheese yet. I'm a huge cheese lover (although I battle lactose intolerance, I still enjoy my cheeses). I really like that you reviewed it - I'm looking forward to more food reviews, especially items I can find at Trader Joe's (we'll have one down the street from us soon, so we'll be frequent TJer's)
    oxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...