Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Meaty Meatloaf

I have always wanted to make a meatloaf, but have been intimidated by the massive meatiness of the loaf. I looked at a few recipes online, they all seemed to have ketchup which I am not a fan of, unless for the purpose of dipping french fries. I perused for about 30 minutes and decided I would just make up my own. The common thing for most meatloaf recipes was ground beef and egg. You can definitely adapt this recipe to your own style. I may use crushed up cheese crackers instead of bread crumbs next time (my mother in laws secret ingredient). * It was one of the easiest things I've ever made.

2.5 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
1 8oz can of Tomato sauce (reserve two tablespoons for top of loaf)
1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1 package french onion soup mix
1 tsp of garlic salt

Combine all ingredients together minus the reserve two Tbsp. of tomato sauce. Place in baking dish and form, cover with reserve tomato sauce. Place in fridge for 1 hour. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, lower oven temp to 350 and bake for 30 minutes.

Remove any drippings for gravy, Let cool about 10 minutes, serve with homemade mashed potatoes and homemade meat gravy.




XOXO-Rachel

*My meatloaf took a dive of the counter onto the floor, luckily I had just swept, I scraped the top layer off and put bake in the oven for 5 minutes on broil to kill any germs...AWKWARD. The meatloaf was still delish.



(what didn't make it back in the oven)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...